We may collect, store, and use the following kinds of information: name, email address, IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation. You may however visit our site anonymously.
- We collect information from you when you: browse our website as well as submit questions in our contact us page.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you submit your personal information.
- Data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet. We are not responsible for delays, crashes, and other problems caused by the Internet, your Internet Service Provider, and other parties involved in the transmission of data.
Cookies consist of parcels of information, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Insular Life shall not, subject to specific lawful exceptions, disclose, release or sell to third parties any personal data or information given or transmitted through the internet. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Insular Life shall not use personal data or information given or transmitted through the internet for purposes other than what are described in this web site. However, due to the nature of the internet as an unsecured medium of communication, Insular Life does not guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of the personal data or information given or transmitted by the user. Insular Life shall not be held liable for damages for any loss of confidentiality of any information transmitted herein.
We include or offer third party products or services on our website such as links to websites like Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, as well as third party websites publishing press releases or information about Insular Life. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.